Soda also called a soft drink, is a name for any beverage that contains carbonated water, sugar, a sweetener like high-fructose corn syrup, as well as natural or artificial flavors.
Despite its popularity soda, it is harmful to your body, as it is linked to obesity, poor dental health, and various chronic diseases.
Despite this knowledge, many people drink soda regularly. And they make their bodies conflicted. This article will be useful to know why you drink soda and how you can stop it.
Why you may crave soda?
When it comes to drinking too much soda it just has to be according to our willpower.
There are biological reasons why people crave high sugary foods and drinks.
There has to be a field in the human brain called the reward system, it promotes people’s actions like food and drink.
Reasons to stop drinking soda
There are several reasons why you should not drink soda:
- Promotes weight gain. Soda is high in calories so drinking soda reduces appetite. Research has shown that people who drink soda frequently weigh more than those who do not drink soda.
- Linked to chronic diseases. Studies have shown that people who drink soda are at high risk of chronic conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
- May contribute to liver disease. Soda is high in fructose; fructose is a type of sugar that is digested only in the liver. Excessive intake of fructose damages the liver and the conversion of fructose into fat causes liver disease.
- Can erode your teeth. Soda contains phosphoric acid and carbonic acid, which can promote an acidic climate in the mouth. Causing tooth decay. When the amount of sugar in soda increases, it becomes harmful to your teeth.
- Linked to skin conditions like acne. The study has shown that excessive consumption of soda can lead to acne.
- May promote skin aging. Some research suggests that excessive soda intake can cause wrinkles and signs of aging on your face.
- Can decrease energy levels. Soda has a high sugar content which can quickly increase or decrease your blood sugar which is commonly called a crash. Frequent drinking of soda fluctuates the body’s energy.
- Has no nutritional value. Soda does not contain any extra vitamins, minerals, fiber, or any essential nutrients. It just increases the amount of sugar and calories in your diet.